Social Media Assistant-Tunis Office
Organization: Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Position: Social Media Assistant
Starting Date: Immediate
Contract: 6 months (renewable)
Salary: Salaries are determined based on the employee’s position on the wage scale.
Are you a fresh graduate looking to effectively support a dynamic regional NGO? Do you wish to use your qualifications and experience in social and digital media to defend and promote Human Rights? Have you always wanted to use your professional assets to contribute to the development of a respected, principled and impactful organization?
This offer will be of interest to you. Please find below a description of the position and its requirements:
Who we are:
CIHRS is a unique organization that has demonstrated its integrity in the field of human rights and democracy since its inception in 1993, standing above the politics of national interest groups during the many past and ongoing political storms in the MENA region. As a growing and increasingly influential organization, CIHRS remains resolutely committed to its core principles of respect for human rights and justice. CIHRS and its partners from across the MENA region have contributed to numerous successful international advocacy initiatives. Among these successful advocacy efforts, national governments were pressured to modify or halt legislation threatening freedom of assembly and association, and powerful international organizations - such as the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) – were mobilized to take strong stances on repressive governments violating the basic rights of their citizens. As a regional organization deeply embedded within the human rights movement in the MENA region, CIHRS fosters both strong connections with civil society organizations on the ground and effectively engages with major players in the international community.
We are seeking a Social Media Associate to join the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS). The Social Media Associate will work closely with the Media & Communications Unit on promoting CIHRS’ work with target audiences in the MENA region, Europe, and the USA. S/he will work on aligning internal and external communication, insuring output consistency with CIHRS brand promotion, and maintaining CIHRS’ digital presence. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help implement CIHRS’ social media strategy through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Youtube.
- Assist in social media content development (Arabic/English) and create/coordinate visual input.
- Assist in content development and targeted digital campaigns.
- Distribute press material such as news releases and reports to media outlets in the MENA region, Europe and the US, and carry out other digital media related tasks.
- Evaluate and report on media coverage.
It is highly desirable for a successful applicant to possess or be able to demonstrate the following essential qualifications, knowledge & experience, and skills:
- Strong commitment to, and passion for, the principles and practice of human rights.
- Experience in using websites and social media to campaign, influence, and develop a digital brand.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, Hootsuite, and other similar social media management tools.
- Experience in graphic design is a must.
- Knowledge of video editing is an added value.
- Skills in electronic publishing, digitization of content, and archiving.
- Skills in writing short informative content for social media platforms.
- Good understanding of the political developments in the MENA region; and social, economic and political impacts on human rights. Experience with non-profit organizations is a benefit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a multicultural team.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential. French is an added value.
- 6-month contract subject to a 2-month probation period. Renewal subject to evaluation and funding.
- Commencement: Immediate.
- Working hours: Full time.
- Based: Tunis, Tunisia.
CIHRS seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive salaries and benefits. Salaries will be determined based on the employee’s position on the wage scale. Commitment to Equality: CIHRS is committed to ensuring equality and non-discrimination on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief in its hiring process. CIHRS is a multicultural environment that celebrates diversity. All employees are expected to promote and act in a manner that ensures a non-discriminatory, open and sensitive approach to others from different backgrounds and cultures.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application by sending a motivation letter and an updated CV to recruitments[At]cihrs[Dot]org
- Please indicate your availability clearly in the motivation letter.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- For any query on this position, please e-mail recruitments[At]cihrs[Dot]org
- The deadline for applications is Jul 31, 2019.