Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS)
Location: CIHRS Regional Office, Tunis
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep record of income and expenses.
- Issues The Closing Accounts (Final accounts) along with the financial auditor.
- Keep soft copies of all expenses files and documents.
- Responsible of all accounting books and their regular update.
- Process expenses according to the organization policies and procedures.
- Prepare Monthly Expenditure Report and report it to Financial Director.
- Coordinate with the external auditor on regular auditing.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Proactively identify areas of potential financial risk and propose solutions.
- Complies with state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Provide support to the Financial Director in monitoring of expenditure against donor contracts, including the preparation of internal financial reports.
- Technically assist with budget preparation to support the Programme Unit.
- Provide reporting and financial management advice to Programme Officers, Programme Director and the Financial Director.
- Maintain a proper filing system of the field related financial data.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Finance, Accounting, Business Administration) or a relevant field.
- 1 – 2 years of work experience in finance management, preferably with NGOs.
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic very good knowledge of French is an asset.
- Good understanding of administrative and financial management procedures and control, in particular with regard to project management and allocation of resources.
- Familiarity with EU financial rules and regulations is an asset.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- More information about Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies could be found at: www.cihrs.org
- Resumes along with a cover letter should be sent to: [email protected], deadline is February 14, 2016.
- Resumes will be reviewed as received. Interviews will be granted as interesting candidates are identified, so there is no need for telephone calls, application must include a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications, please write your name and the position in the subject line of your email.
- CIHRS is an equal opportunity employer.