Position Programs Development Officer
Probable starting date Immediately
Duration 1 year-renewable
CV language EN
The Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies is seeking a Programs Development officer to take the lead on all fundraising and outreach events and initiatives for CIHRS. This position will report to the CIHRS Director.
As the Tunis based Programs Development officer you will be responsible for managing a dedicated team of Program Development officer team in order to oversee CIHRS’s partnerships and relations with its donors; cultivating and directly soliciting contributions to its mission and work as well as managing communications and outreach initiatives with major donors.
The Programs Development Officer works with his/her colleagues in the unit and CIHRS’ program directors and administration to conceptualize and design fundraising projects for transforming CIHRS strategies into concrete improvements in human rights policies and practices. You will be required to do this by mobilizing financial support to CIHRS programs and constantly working with the administration of CIHRS on monitoring and evaluating the performance of its projects.
The selected candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to articulate a clear vision and goals, and the capacity to motivate others to achieve this vision.
Responsibilities of the position
- Building strategies to ensure continuous financial support for the Organization;
- Develop and implement a dynamic fundraising and outreach strategy for the CIHRS and its key programs;
- Seek and pursue new funding prospects for the CIHRS and implement relevant strategies in coordination with the management, including in relation to private fundraising, etc.;
- Draft and edit funding proposals, advise staff members in the preparation of funding proposals, and ensure that the quality of the proposals comply with modern project management principles;
- Act as the main contact and represent the CIHRS vis-à-vis existing and prospective donors, build and maintain donor relationships, convene meetings or other initiatives;
- Oversee and coordinate timely and qualitative reporting to donors in coordination with responsible programs and financial staff at the CIHRS;
- Coordinate with the programs and finances departments to timely assess and respond to funding gaps;
- Monitor and regularly assess funding trends in the field of CIHRS’s strategic interests in order to anticipate and respond adequately, thus ensuring the sustainability of the CIHRS’s mission;
- Oversee public outreach for the CIHRS, including identifying and developing relationships with partner new donors and philanthropists ;
- Oversee logistics related to CIHRS visibility vis-à-vis its current and prospective donors including branding elements, materials, and follow-up;
- Travel to major regional and international cities for fundraising outreach purposes;
- Provide regular advice and reporting on fundraising and outreach activities to internal CIHRS bodies including CIHRS Executive Committee and Board of Directors;
- Perform other related responsibilities as may be required by the management.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree, ideally with a master’s degree, in international relations, social sciences, business administration or human rights, ideally with a degree or advanced training in fundraising;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in programs development and fundraising, ideally at management level; Proven record and experience in institutional fundraising (states, philanthropies). Private fundraising is an important asset;
- Good knowledge of the donor community in the human rights field an important asset;
- Proven commitment to human rights and knowledge of the human rights situation in the Arab region expected;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including excellent drafting and editing skills in English (working knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an asset);
- Ability to work independently and under pressure of deadlines and to adapt to multidisciplinary work, a multicultural team in complex institutional and organizational settings;
- Strong sense of initiative, creativity and responsibility;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Analytical and computer skills.
COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY:
CIHRS is committed to ensuring equality and non-discrimination on grounds of sex, race, religion or belief in its hiring process.
CIHRS is a multicultural environment that celebrates diversity. All employees are expected to promote and act in a manner that ensures a non-discriminatory, open and sensitive approach to others from different backgrounds and cultures.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than January 19, 2016, with a subject title PDO 2016.
Only successful candidates would be contacted
Share this Post